Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shibuya de Ohara..

I have to admit, sometimes I walk around this place and run into something that I have no idea about, (actually make that often) and Sunday was one of those days. My first thought as walking down a closed off Dogenzaka was that this was some kind of an Awa Odori, which it very well may have been. But anyway I was walking down to get some lunch and didn't really bother finding out, I mean it's just walking down the street on a Sunday, you don't have to know everything! What I did know was that these dancers, that seemed to come from far and wide, were having a great time spinning and singing their way up and down Bunkamura and Dogenzaka, that and.. I was hungry!

Postscript: Thanks to Elmimmo for filling me in, this was actually the Shibuya de Ohara Festival, inspired by the Ohara Matsuri in Kagoshima. As I said, sometimes I have no idea, fml.. >_<

















7 comments:

elmimmo said...

Would be Awa Odori rather than Awa Dori (^_-).

There is an official page for the er… festival? Shibuya de-Ohara.

It is apparently inspired by the Ohara Matsuri at Kagoshima

Mallocup said...

uum, thanks. >_<

Nick Lutz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Is that a real dog and is it wearing a getta?

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos :)

Mallocup said...

plastic dog on wheels. :)

oweynge said...

oh, o that was it!

I happened to pass by shibuya that day to drop off some stuff.

http://oweynge.com/2009/05/matsuri/